Nuent Group (“Us”, “We”, “Our”) strive to honor the privacy and security of any data we collect from visitors using our website, whilst we act as a Controller under relevant data protection rules and regulations. Our website uses technologies that enhance user friendliness and engagement, to keep the Website operating as smoothly as possible and to provide web services and functionalities for each visitor. Examples of these technologies are cookies, pixel tags, local storage and scripts (referred to here as “cookies”). This helps us provide you with a good experience, improve our service, and to display personalized and non-personalized ads and content to you.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website. These files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by our website domain).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
What cookies do we use and why?
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes. ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use ‘strictly necessary’ cookies
- To identify you as being logged in to the website and to authenticate you
- To make sure you connect to the right service on the website when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
If you prevent these cookies, we can’t guarantee how the website or the security on the website will perform during your visit.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘functionality’ cookies for such purposes as
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colors
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on the website so that it won’t repeat
- Show you when you’re logged in to the website
- To provide and show embedded video content
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use the website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the website works, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use ‘performance’ cookies to
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the website is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site
- Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
- Obtain data on the number of users of the website that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the website
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Marketing’ cookies are used to track your visit to the website, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows us to display personalized and non-personalized ads to you on the website.
We may use marketing cookies
- Display personalized and non personalized ads within our own website as well as on third-party websites and services.
- Improve how we deliver personalized and non-personalized ads and content, and to measure the success of ad campaigns on the website.
When do we require your consent
Cookies which are essential for an online service (e.g. strictly necessary cookies for security, or functional cookies which enable the website to remember what is in an online basket or load balancing cookies to help page content load quickly) do not require your consent.
For other non-essential cookies, e.g. marketing cookies, however, we request your consent before placing them on your device. You can give your consent by clicking on the ‘Allow all cookies’ button on the banner displayed to you. If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw your consent to any performance, functional or marketing cookies at any time, you can do so by clicking the ‘manage consent’ button. You can also delete and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling these cookies will affect the functionality of the website and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the website.
How to delete and block our cookies
Changing your cookie settings
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
We require statistical information about the usage of our websites to design them to be user-friendly and improve our services. For this purpose, we use the web analysis tool described in this section below. The usage profiles created by this tool using cookies or by evaluating so-called server log files (see above) are not combined with personal data; in particular, the tool anonymizes IP addresses upon collection.
The following section contains information on the tool provider and how you are able to object to the collection and processing of data by the tool. Please note that the tool may use so-called opt out cookies in order to remember your objection. This opt-out function relates to a device or browser and is thus valid for the terminal device or browser used at this time. In case you use several terminal devices or browsers you must opt out on every device and in every browser used. Additionally, you can generally avoid the creation of usage profiles by generally deactivating cookie usage.
Data processing is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR. We, as website operator, have a legitimate interest in protecting our site from abusive automated crawling and spam.